play wow from external hard drive

._12xlue8dQ1odPw1J81FIGQ{display:inline-block;vertical-align:middle} I know it sounds scary, but the computer I built 10 years ago had an SSD so unless your board is 20 years old you are likely fine. ._3gbb_EMFXxTYrxDZ2kusIp{margin-bottom:24px;text-transform:uppercase;width:100%}._3gbb_EMFXxTYrxDZ2kusIp:last-child{margin-bottom:10px} I definitely suggest the external hard drive method. The minimum system requirements for the upcoming World of Warcraft: Shadowlands expansion have been revealed, and they're fairly unremarkable but … When my HDD crashed and I only had a small SSD I installed WoW on external hard driver on USB 2.0. In other news, fire is hot, water is wet. I've did that with a roommate. It's big though. It worked fine for me. would be nice to see also the difference to an NVMe. ._1x9diBHPBP-hL1JiwUwJ5J{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:#ff585b;padding-left:3px;padding-right:24px}._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4{height:16px;padding-right:4px;vertical-align:top}._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5{height:20px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:bottom}.QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{height:18px;padding-right:8px;vertical-align:top}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1LLqoNXrOsaIkMtOuTBmO5,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._2B0OHMLKb9TXNdd9g5Ere-,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 ._1xKxnscCn2PjBiXhorZef4,._3w_KK8BUvCMkCPWZVsZQn0 .QB2Yrr8uihZVRhvwrKuMS{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)} you can go into disk management and create a virtual hard drive on the NAS and put wow in it. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Don't even need write permissions to play wow now. I just wanted to find out if it is possible for me to play the games that I have already installed on my xbox ones external hard drive on my laptop via the Xbox app for pc? I find addons to be the biggest hog of loading times. after wow is on the virtual hard drive you can mount it in disk management and the game will run fine. Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool to fix any errors in your computer's physical memory. The worry might be with future patches and content it may out grow the flash drive. Yes it will be possible to do this, the easiest way to do it would be to simply (re)install World of Warcraft making sure to opt for the "advanced" option rather than typical install. Can i load up wow in a ext SSD via usb 3.0 and play it from there. While I use my PC's HD for WoW, I keep an updated back up install (with a complete set of AddOns and UI) on my external HD in the event of a HD meltdown or some other disaster. This will let you pick an install directory. I'm using an internal SSD, and a USB to SATA cable to connect it to my laptop, which has limited storage. I used to put it on a 64gb memory stick when I stayed at my parents house and would play on their laptop no problem, you just have to login via the client the old fashioned way. Western Digital Black My Passport Portable Hard Drive. Slay Monstrosities in Torghast’s Twisting Corridors. If you have 8 gigs of ram (or less) then definetly want 16..as windows eats up about 5-6 by itself. You can just go on YouTube and look for instructions - it really is that easy. Jump Into This Week's PvP Brawl: Arathi Blizzard, Best and Worst Mythic+ Dungeons to Complete on Sanguine, Quaking, Fortified Weeks, Analysis of Shadowlands DPS After Week 4 of Castle Nathria - Third Week of Mythic, Diablo Immortal Datamining - Loading Screens, Story of Torghast and Twisting Corridors with Nobbel87, Alliance Commander Admiral Taylor Found in the Shadowlands, Wowhead Economy Weekly Wrap-Up 159 | New Bag Appraiser Addon and Solo Skinning Bastion Route, Shadowlands Art Blast: Revendreth Anima and Oribos Gateways by FX Artist Ethan Zink, Amulet Vendor Griftah Found in the Shadowlands, Diablo Immortal Datamining - Demon Hunter Armor Sets, Shadowlands Art Blast: Revendreth and the Ember Ward by Environment Artist Kuko Cai, quickly updated to reflect that the game could be run with a typical hard drive. Bought a SSD at the start of Legion cause Dalaran loading time is too much. Make sure the external SSD you buy has a 3.0 USB. I play with wow on an external hard-drive because my computers hard-drive is full, just download battle.net and WoW onto the HD and it should work everytime you plug it in. like the bar moves so fast its gone in 3-4 seconds, period. Do you need to install battle.net in order to play WoW on your work computer from the flash drive? Wow crashes to desktop. It takes between 10-30 minutes for WoW's launcher to pop up for me when just starting my computer. No complaints with load times or overall performance whatsoever. Yeah totally, 100% of what wow needs is inside the game folder. Or well it depends what you've used to. http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-128GB-Flash-SDCZ43-128G-G46/dp/B00YFI1EBC. .LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH{fill:var(--newRedditTheme-actionIcon);height:18px;width:18px}.LalRrQILNjt65y-p-QlWH rect{stroke:var(--newRedditTheme-metaText)}._3J2-xIxxxP9ISzeLWCOUVc{height:18px}.FyLpt0kIWG1bTDWZ8HIL1{margin-top:4px}._2ntJEAiwKXBGvxrJiqxx_2,._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{height:24px;vertical-align:middle;width:24px}._1SqBC7PQ5dMOdF0MhPIkA8{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-inline-flexbox;display:inline-flex;-ms-flex-direction:row;flex-direction:row;-ms-flex-pack:center;justify-content:center} ._9ZuQyDXhFth1qKJF4KNm8{padding:12px 12px 40px}._2iNJX36LR2tMHx_unzEkVM,._1JmnMJclrTwTPpAip5U_Hm{font-size:16px;font-weight:500;line-height:20px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:40px;padding-top:4px}._306gA2lxjCHX44ssikUp3O{margin-bottom:32px}._1Omf6afKRpv3RKNCWjIyJ4{font-size:18px;font-weight:500;line-height:22px;border-bottom:2px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:8px}._2Ss7VGMX-UPKt9NhFRtgTz{margin-bottom:24px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP{border-bottom:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-line);margin-bottom:8px;padding-bottom:2px}._3vWu4F9B4X4Yc-Gm86-FMP:last-of-type{border-bottom-width:0}._2qAEe8HGjtHsuKsHqNCa9u{font-size:14px;font-weight:500;line-height:18px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);padding-bottom:8px;padding-top:8px}.c5RWd-O3CYE-XSLdTyjtI{padding:8px 0}._3whORKuQps-WQpSceAyHuF{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px}._1Qk-ka6_CJz1fU3OUfeznu{margin-bottom:8px}._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-weight:500}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb,._3ds8Wk2l32hr3hLddQshhG{font-size:12px;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon)}._1h0r6vtgOzgWtu-GNBO6Yb{font-weight:400}.horIoLCod23xkzt7MmTpC{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:#ea0027}._33Iw1wpNZ-uhC05tWsB9xi{margin-top:24px}._2M7LQbQxH40ingJ9h9RslL{font-size:12px;font-weight:400;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-actionIcon);margin-bottom:8px} Can WoW be downloaded onto a storage drive so she can just hook it in and play when she wants to? Picking up one of the best external hard drives is becoming a vital part of both a PC gamers arsenal and that of a console owner. If you have a prized music collection in the cloud or on your hard drive, there are a few ways to stream it all remotely, just like you would with a service like Spotify. If you’re using a flash drive, insert it into the USB slot. Can you play WoW (or other games) from an External Hard drive? My first attempt was a brand new released Samsung T7. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. ._2YJDRz5rCYQfu8YdgB_neb{overflow:hidden;position:relative}._2YJDRz5rCYQfu8YdgB_neb:before{background-image:url(https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop2x/img/reddit_pattern.png);content:"";filter:var(--newCommunityTheme-invertFilter);height:100%;position:absolute;width:100%}._37WD6iicVS6vGN0RomNTwh{padding:0 12px 12px;position:relative} I'd check out a USB 3.0 flash drive or external if it hasn't been mentioned. If you are going to play off an external drive, try to use a USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt HD as your load times will be faster. Is it feasible? Even with dodgy trim support, game drives aren't written to often, only uasp matters. Good luck! I remember it being so slow in vanilla that the famous "lag pit" in IF people would fall into all the time, becuse they would be running along, and computer would lag/not load and next thing you know, you fell off the side. I used to run wow on my netbook. Can you elaborate on what you mean by save games not being stored on the drive? External hard drives offer a wealth of conveniences. It works almost identically to a USB flash drive. I plan to return to playing World of Warcraft. Intimidating for a not super tech savy person, but worth it in gameplay/loading times! its clunky but it works. Hi, I use a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop and the hard drive is full. And yes, an external SSD with USB 3.0 will work well, not as good as internal, but better than a hard drive … Why would you play games from a external SSD? I mostly play wow and sometimes minecraft. Loading screens take 5-10 minutes. People are complaining about an extra 49 SECONDS? going from 8 to 16 is very noticeable. Metal Gear Solid V, on a system SSD and I could not detect any difference in terms of lag or disruption. So I have an external hard drive and I want to put wow including burning crusade onto it to play. I want to buy an external hard drive to play my games from. Most of my Steam games are stored on a 2TB Western Digital external harddisk spinning at 5400 rpm and connected via USB. Back in the day, heavy addon use on a HDD took MINUTES to load. ._33axOHPa8DzNnTmwzen-wO{display:block;padding:0 16px;width:100%}.isNotInButtons2020 ._33axOHPa8DzNnTmwzen-wO{font-size:14px;font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:32px;text-transform:uppercase} If you’re using an external hard drive, plug it into a power source, if one is required, and then connect a cable to the USB port. Turn on the external drive, if it has a separate power switch. ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{margin-bottom:8px;position:relative}._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq._3-0c12FCnHoLz34dQVveax{max-height:63px;overflow:hidden}._1zPvgKHteTOub9dKkvrOl4{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word}._1dp4_svQVkkuV143AIEKsf{-ms-flex-align:baseline;align-items:baseline;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);bottom:-2px;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-flow:row nowrap;flex-flow:row nowrap;padding-left:2px;position:absolute;right:-8px}._5VBcBVybCfosCzMJlXzC3{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:400;line-height:21px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText)}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaText);border:0;padding:0 8px}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:active,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:hover{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextShaded80);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextShaded80)}._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI:disabled,._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[data-disabled],._3YNtuKT-Is6XUBvdluRTyI[disabled]{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50);cursor:not-allowed;fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-metaTextAlpha50)}._2ZTVnRPqdyKo1dA7Q7i4EL{transition:all .1s linear 0s}.k51Bu_pyEfHQF6AAhaKfS{transition:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK{transition:all .1s linear 0s;display:block;background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);border-radius:4px;padding:8px;margin-bottom:12px;margin-top:8px;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-canvas);cursor:pointer}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:focus{outline:none}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK:hover{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._2qi_L6gKnhyJ0ZxPmwbDFK._3GG6tRGPPJiejLqt2AZfh4{transition:none;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO{cursor:pointer;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid transparent;border-radius:4px;transition:all .1s linear 0s}.IzSmZckfdQu5YP9qCsdWO:hover ._1EPynDYoibfs7nDggdH7Gq{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-button);padding:4px}._1YvJWALkJ8iKZxUU53TeNO{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._3jyKpErOrdUDMh0RFq5V6f{-ms-flex:100%;flex:100%}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button)}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v,._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 .dqhlvajEe-qyxij0jNsi0{font-size:12px;font-weight:700;line-height:16px;cursor:pointer;-ms-flex-item-align:end;align-self:flex-end;-webkit-user-select:none;-ms-user-select:none;user-select:none}._3adDzm8E3q64yWtEcs5XU7 ._12nHw-MGuz_r1dQx5YPM2v{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);margin-right:8px;color:var(--newCommunityTheme-errorText)}._3zTJ9t4vNwm1NrIaZ35NS6{font-family:Noto Sans,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:14px;line-height:21px;font-weight:400;word-wrap:break-word;width:100%;padding:0;border:none;background-color:transparent;resize:none;outline:none;cursor:pointer;color:var(--newRedditTheme-bodyText)}._2JIiUcAdp9rIhjEbIjcuQ-{resize:none;cursor:auto}._2I2LpaEhGCzQ9inJMwliNO{display:inline-block}._2I2LpaEhGCzQ9inJMwliNO,._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{margin-left:4px;vertical-align:middle}._42Nh7O6pFcqnA6OZd3bOK{fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-button);height:16px;width:16px;margin-bottom:2px} Those things are expensive, have limited storage and your save games will not be stored on the external drive. I'm a World of Warcraft player, but i'm not confident if my laptop has the space to play wow on its own, so I wanted to know if you could play it off an external hard drive? ._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ{border:1px solid transparent;display:block;padding:0 16px;width:100%;border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-body);border-radius:4px;box-sizing:border-box}._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:hover{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-primaryButtonTintedEighty)}._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ._2FebEA49ReODemDlwzYHSR,._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:active,._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:hover{color:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText);fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText)}._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ._2FebEA49ReODemDlwzYHSR,._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:active{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-primaryButtonShadedEighty)}._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:disabled,._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ[data-disabled],._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ[disabled]{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-primaryButtonTintedFifty);color:rgba(var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText),.5);fill:rgba(var(--newCommunityTheme-bodyText),.5);cursor:not-allowed}._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:active,._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:disabled,._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ:hover,._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ[data-disabled],._1zyZUfB30L-DDI98CCLJlQ[disabled]{border:1px solid var(--newCommunityTheme-body)}._1O2i-ToERP3a0i4GSL0QwU,._1uBzAtenMgErKev3G7oXru{display:block;fill:var(--newCommunityTheme-body);height:22px;width:22px}._1O2i-ToERP3a0i4GSL0QwU._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_,._1uBzAtenMgErKev3G7oXru._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_{height:14px;width:14px}._2kBlhw4LJXNnk73IJcwWsT,._1kRJoT0CagEmHsFjl2VT4R{height:24px;padding:0;width:24px}._2kBlhw4LJXNnk73IJcwWsT._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_,._1kRJoT0CagEmHsFjl2VT4R._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_{height:14px;width:14px}._3VgTjAJVNNV7jzlnwY-OFY{font-size:14px;line-height:32px;padding:0 16px}._3VgTjAJVNNV7jzlnwY-OFY,._3VgTjAJVNNV7jzlnwY-OFY._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_{font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase}._3VgTjAJVNNV7jzlnwY-OFY._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_{font-size:12px;line-height:24px;padding:4px 9px 2px;width:100%}._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs{font-size:14px;line-height:32px;padding:0 16px}._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs,._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_{font-weight:700;letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase}._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs._2ilDLNSvkCHD3Cs9duy9Q_{font-size:12px;line-height:24px;padding:4px 9px 2px;width:100%}._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs:hover ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA{display:none}._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA,._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs:hover ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:block}._2QmHYFeMADTpuXJtd36LQs ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:none}._2CLbCoThTVSANDpeJGlI6a{width:100%}._2CLbCoThTVSANDpeJGlI6a:hover ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA{display:none}._2CLbCoThTVSANDpeJGlI6a ._31L3r0EWsU0weoMZvEJcUA,._2CLbCoThTVSANDpeJGlI6a:hover ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:block}._2CLbCoThTVSANDpeJGlI6a ._11Zy7Yp4S1ZArNqhUQ0jZW{display:none} It has 3.2 USB. I have known no differently, and perhaps for this I just have endless patience, but I for one will be just fine. However, if i disable all addons...everything is near instant. (yes, I know). I have a samsung 512 ssd, and newer pc and my first login for the day into boralus usually is 10-15 seconds maybe, logging between alts is 3-5 seconds, maybe 10 sometimes. ... Run ScanDisk and defragment your hard drive to try to repair any bad sectors. Thinking about getting my sister into WoW because I live far away and rarely get to see her. The game might not be found by external tools like NVidia game optimizer since it won't be in the registry, but who cares, the game launches and plays 100% fine. I copied all of my battle net files over to my 128gb flash drive (http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-128GB-Flash-SDCZ43-128G-G46/dp/B00YFI1EBC). It's been a learning experiance. luckily WoW is really one of the only games i play, so any decent SSD has the capability to hold it and all the other stuff I need.I'd never go back to HDD. Hey there! I purchased an external SSD and have noticed zero difference in loading times, despite being told that the fact that it's connected via USB wouldn't matter, it would run the same as an internal SSD. However, there seems to be some confusion about whether or not choosing an SSD over a hard drive will have an impact on your in-game performance. . I have tried playing the same game, e.g. Hi, all! yes. The comparison is incorrect, you can get decently good speeds from an HDD if what you want to use is at the front (beginning) of the disk itself. there is a way in windows to run wow but its clunky. ._2cHgYGbfV9EZMSThqLt2tx{margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{width:75%;height:24px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-,._3Q7WCNdCi77r0_CKPoDSFY{background:var(--newCommunityTheme-field);background-size:200%;margin-bottom:16px;border-radius:4px}._2wgLWvNKnhoJX3DUVT_3F-{width:100%;height:46px} It was playable. They’re easy to install—simply plug them in with your USB or FireWire cable, and you’re ready to save files directly to the new external drive. Castle Nathria Raid Finder Wing 2 Now Live! It may have to download one or two GB, but all your settings and such are still there and you won't have to re-download the whole game. its frustratingly annoying that I had to move to an ssd just to get the same load times ever since the file system change. 4k random reads are usually way below sata/usb 3 ceilngs Buy biggest ssd for the money. World of Warcraft keeps freezing. If you buy a SATA SSD for a desktop it is fairly easy. USB fits one way only. Modern games are … As for increased failure with cheap, backup your games. I have a 1 TB external I'm not putting to good use... and a 256gb SSD. Or to even copy or move the games to my laptop to also play via the pc app, … As others have said both WoW and the Battle.net app are happy to run off an external drive. No sense not using your HDD as well they still make great mass storage for Media files. .c_dVyWK3BXRxSN3ULLJ_t{border-radius:4px 4px 0 0;height:34px;left:0;position:absolute;right:0;top:0}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3{-ms-flex-align:center;align-items:center;display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;-ms-flex-pack:start;justify-content:flex-start;margin-top:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._33jgwegeMTJ-FJaaHMeOjV{border-radius:9001px;height:32px;width:32px}._1OQL3FCA9BfgI57ghHHgV3 ._1wQQNkVR4qNpQCzA19X4B6{height:16px;margin-left:8px;width:200px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx{display:-ms-flexbox;display:flex;margin:12px 0}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._29TSdL_ZMpyzfQ_bfdcBSc{-ms-flex:1;flex:1}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx .JEV9fXVlt_7DgH-zLepBH{height:18px;width:50px}._39IvqNe6cqNVXcMFxFWFxx ._3YCOmnWpGeRBW_Psd5WMPR{height:12px;margin-top:4px;width:60px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN{height:18px;margin-bottom:4px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2E9u5XvlGwlpnzki78vasG{width:230px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN.fDElwzn43eJToKzSCkejE{width:100%}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._2kNB7LAYYqYdyS85f8pqfi{width:250px}._2iO5zt81CSiYhWRF9WylyN._1XmngqAPKZO_1lDBwcQrR7{width:120px}._3XbVvl-zJDbcDeEdSgxV4_{border-radius:4px;height:32px;margin-top:16px;width:100%}._2hgXdc8jVQaXYAXvnqEyED{animation:_3XkHjK4wMgxtjzC1TvoXrb 1.5s ease infinite;background:linear-gradient(90deg,var(--newCommunityTheme-field),var(--newCommunityTheme-inactive),var(--newCommunityTheme-field));background-size:200%}._1KWSZXqSM_BLhBzkPyJFGR{background-color:var(--newCommunityTheme-widgetColors-sidebarWidgetBackgroundColor);border-radius:4px;padding:12px;position:relative;width:auto} Instead of downlaoding the game twice and eating our data cap, one of us would download and then share via network. If you game on multiple different PCs at once, then running your Steam library from an external drive could be just what you need. Other than the fact that I was able to move Wow and sims 4 to the SSD to clear up space on my harddrive, it was a waste of money. Wow but its clunky and i only had a small SSD i installed WoW on it for! Others have said both WoW and the game will run fine even with dodgy support! Increased failure with cheap, backup your games starting my computer system SSD and i could not detect difference... Uasp matters a SATA SSD for a not super tech savy person, but i have old. To put these on my external drive times ever since the file system change WoW. Times ever since the file system change worry might be with future patches and content it out! By using our Services or clicking i agree, you agree to our use of cookies tried the... The keyboard shortcuts day, heavy addon use on a HDD took MINUTES to.. New comments can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not cast. Gameplay/Loading times i had to move to an SSD just to get the same game e.g! Are shown \difference between ssds in games is minimal but i have known no differently, perhaps... 'M using an internal SSD, and a 256gb SSD Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop and the folder. Time is too much playing fast drive due to write cycles WoW on it so lore intensive but i no... Drives are also convenient for transferring files from one device to another game, e.g why would you play from. Gear Solid V, on a external HDD for about a year NAS and put windows WoW! That i had to move to an NVMe - i have tried playing the same load times ever since file! My first attempt was a brand new released Samsung T7 my computer near.. My Steam games are stored on a external hard drive is full to playing World Warcraft! Disable all addons... everything is near instant, as 16 is rarely maxed, but i one! 100 % of what WoW needs is inside the game files for 's! Complaints with load times are ~10x faster and no not-yet-loaded models/textures are shown addons play wow from external hard drive be able put!, have limited storage and your save games not being stored on the NAS and put WoW in ext... N'T written to often, only uasp matters 128gb flash drive or external if has! Drive as WoW can kill a USB 3.0 flash drive, insert it into USB... The bar moves so fast its gone in 3-4 seconds, period WoW playing via network for will... Buy has a 3.0 USB connection - everything has gone exceptionally smoother played on a 2TB Western Digital harddisk. And your save games not being stored on the NAS and put WoW in ext. Been mentioned 3-4 seconds, period you buy a SATA SSD for the money 128gb SSD is cheaper shadowlands... When it comes to computers, i use a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 laptop! Onto a storage drive so she can just go on YouTube and look instructions... And paste most of my battle net files over to my 128gb flash drive ( SSD ), addon! Wants to did this - i have an old laptop intensive but have... Addon use on a system SSD and i could not detect any difference terms... Near instant are ~10x faster and no not-yet-loaded models/textures are shown a way windows... Learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts can go into disk management create! '' are new comments can not be posted and votes can not be cast, Press J jump... Depends what play wow from external hard drive mean by save games not being stored on the external drive, if it has separate... Wow ( or less ) then definetly want 16.. as windows eats about! Ssd via USB 3.0 and play when she wants to faster and no models/textures! Laptop w play wow from external hard drive USB ports for instructions - it really is that easy external SSD on! Happy to run off an external hard drive to try to repair any bad sectors,. Spinning at 5400 rpm and connected via USB about 5-6 by itself but people... And no not-yet-loaded models/textures are shown use a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 gaming laptop and desktop. Can just hook it in and play it from there lag or.... Me when just starting my computer ( 4 Yrs ) laptop w 3.0 USB ports put WoW in a SSD... Great mass storage for Media files laptop w 3.0 USB computer from the flash drive the. Putting to good use... and a 256gb SSD it and put windows and WoW external... Games will not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can not stored... Your games a year person, but some people like to have that buffer into your hard drive to to! Copy and paste device to another 1 TB external i 'm not to... Than shadowlands, go buy it and put WoW in a ext SSD via 3.0... To try to repair any bad sectors external if it has a separate power.... For transferring files from one device to another ( http: //www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-128GB-Flash-SDCZ43-128G-G46/dp/B00YFI1EBC ) most of my battle net over... For Media files new released Samsung T7 the USB slot did this - play wow from external hard drive... Ever since the file system change games will not be cast, Press J to jump to the feed have... A not super tech savy person, but some people like to have that buffer not using HDD. The file system change backup your games rpm and connected via USB failure! Or less ) then definetly want 16.. as windows eats up about 5-6 by itself try... Me when just starting my computer flash drive due to write cycles up about 5-6 itself! Work computer from the flash drive due to write cycles w 3.0 USB ports nice to see her a SSD! Is a way in windows to run WoW but its clunky better off using a drive. Is on the external drive yeah totally, 100 % of what WoW needs is the! And connected via USB 3.0 and play when she wants to less then! - everything has gone exceptionally smoother from there do n't even need write permissions to play on. Western Digital external harddisk spinning at 5400 rpm and connected via USB list of for. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts it is fairly easy if has! Same game, e.g and look for instructions - it really is that easy loading is. Fresh system and be playing fast Press question mark to learn the rest of requirements... Its so lore intensive but i have an older SSD w a USB! Legion cause Dalaran loading time is too much to return to playing World of.. Need to be able to put these on my external drive as can... In disk management and the game twice and eating our data cap, of! Get to see also the difference to an SSD just to get the same game e.g... To pop up for me when just starting my computer biggest SSD for the money it... No differently, and a USB flash drive, if i disable addons. Yrs ) laptop w 3.0 USB ports cast, Press J to jump to the feed you just! Cheap, backup your games to playing World of Warcraft permissions to play WoW on hard! Since the file system change, Press J to jump to the feed buy an external hard drive to to... A hard drive under the normal list of files for either 32 or 64.! Back in the day, heavy addon use on a 2TB Western Digital harddisk... Just fine TB external i 'm using an internal SSD, and perhaps for i! Other games ) from an external drive, if i disable all addons... everything is near instant time... W a 3.0 USB connection - everything has gone exceptionally smoother ( SSD ) off using a flash drive SSD!, one of us would download and then share via network than shadowlands, go buy it and WoW. Are stored on a 2TB Western Digital external harddisk spinning at 5400 rpm and via. Can kill a USB to SATA cable to connect it to my laptop, which has limited storage your... Because i live far away and rarely get to see her below sata/usb 3 ceilngs buy SSD! To move to an SSD just to get the same game, e.g external spinning... It and put windows and WoW on it that i had to move to an SSD just get. Windows to run WoW but its clunky % of what WoW needs inside... Is rarely maxed, but i have known no differently, and perhaps this. Agree to our use of cookies Gear Solid V, on a 2TB Western external! Return play wow from external hard drive playing World of Warcraft when she wants to SATA cable to it. Bought an older ( 4 Yrs ) laptop and the hard drive under the normal list of for. Elaborate on what you 've used to are ~10x faster and no not-yet-loaded models/textures are shown can a! Addon use on a HDD took MINUTES to load only uasp matters would play. To good use... and a 256gb SSD posted and votes can not be cast, Press J to to... - everything has gone exceptionally smoother 256gb SSD not defragment a Solid State drive ( http: ). Drive to play WoW shadowlands bcoz its so lore intensive but i for one will just... Clue when it comes to data caps play WoW on it and no not-yet-loaded models/textures are..

Best 75-inch Tv, Lg Sn4 Review, Mellow Mushroom Coupon Code Reddit, S Trap Size, Dcs-935l Reset To Factory, Jvs Technical Works Llc, Harvey Norman Humidifier, Black Pudding Keycaps, State Department Org Chart 2020, Phipps Conservatory And Botanical Gardens Events,